Blogroll

Friday, September 6, 2013

Installing Windows 2012 from Windows 7 (32-bit) failed.

Problem:  The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you’re running. Check your computer system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) versions of the program and then contact the software publisher. 



Background: I was trying to install windows 2012 on my Notebook the Dell Latitude Series E6230.   

However realized I came with the 32-bit Windows 7 operating system. As any normal IT Pro first I tried to run the setup.exe and then got the above error. Sooner or later I realized that 32 bit version O.S doesn't support 64 bit versions application. I was not having any DVD or CD drive where I can burn ISO of Windows 2012.

Resolution: I tried a new method; by converting my USB flash drive to bootable flash drive using Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool downloaded from MS store for free.

You just need to run the set-up.exe and rest the tool do everything for you.
Go to BIOS by pressing F10 or F12 and boot your PC from the Flash/Thumb Drive your set-up will automatically launch.

Thanks for Mr Bob hunt for his reference below:


Other references:


Applies to: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2012.

No comments:

ShareThis

snow flakes

blogger widgets Blogspot Tutorial

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...