- Click the File tab.
- Click Options.
- Click Mail.
- Under Compose messages, in the Compose messages in this format list, click HTML, Rich Text, or Plain Text.
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Pages are opening abruptly in IE7 when sending page as Email: SharePoint 2010
Issue: When a client send a SharePoint Site Page via IE it was opening abruptly in Email.
Background: One of my clients was trying to send the SharePoint as a page using the IE options, File – Send – Page by Email the page was opening abruptly. Nothing was in place. As unexpectedly it should be send by as a normal webpage.
Checked the IE settings.
Cleared the cache of IE,
Restored the IE factory settings but no luck in any case.
It seems to be more of the page layout issue.
Trying out IE options doesn’t help me. I gave a try to the play with outlook settings.
Checked various settings with outlook.
Changing the mail format settings to rich text did helped to resolve the issue.
Change the mail format to Rich Text and then send the Page as Email from IE.
For outlook 2007
1. .Open the outlook
2. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Mail Format tab.
3. In the Compose in this message format list, click the format that you want.
4. Open IE, from File tab open the Send, Click Page by Email.
For outlook 2010
Open the outlook.
5. Open IE, from File tab open the Send, Click Page by Email.
Following the above steps should send the page in the normal way as you see it in the browser.
If you have any queries/questions regarding the above mentioned information then please let me know.
I would be more than happy to help you as well as resolves your issues, thank you.
Applies to: SharePoint Foundation Server 2010, SharePoint 2010. IE7, IE8, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010.
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands, UK